Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Search the Catalog
If you are looking for a book or DVD, sometimes it's easier to search just the library catalog.
Search Everything with Quest
Quest is the library's discovery tool. It allows you to search across most of the library's databases, electronic resources, as well as the Library's catalog.
- If you know the book you are looking for, use the UMW catalog. Use Advanced Search to combine author and title.
- Use quotation marks to search for a phrase, as in "Ancient Greece" or "Roman Britain".
- Use the options under "Refine My Search" to narrow your results.
- The Virtual Shelf Browse will allow you to see what books are shelved near the one you've found. You can browse the shelves without coming to the libray!
- Sign into the system to request that a book be held for you, or to request a scan of parts of it.
If Simpson Library doesn't have the item you are looking for, we can request it from another library. Follow this link to set up an interlibrary loan account and to request items you need.