Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
- The main entrance to Simpson Library is located on Campus Walk, the main pedestrian path through campus, at 1801 College Ave.
- The main entrance is wheelchair accessible.
- Accessible parking spaces are available across the Fredericksburg campus.
- The closest accessible parking with easy access to Campus Walk is along the side of the Jepson Science Center.
- For more information on accessible campus parking, visit the UMW Parking Management Website.
- Access to all floors is available via the elevator at the north end of the building, on the side of Simpson closest to the HCC.
- The elevators' floor numbers are printed in Braille for use by the visually impaired.
Restrooms and Water Fountains
- Wheelchair accessible restrooms and water fountains are available on all floors.
Study Rooms and Quiet Study Areas
- Wheelchair-accessible group study rooms are located on the second and third floors. Study rooms may be reserved by visiting 25Live, UMW's room booking system. Search for "Simpson" to see available Simpson Library study rooms.
- Although it is often possible to find a quiet study space on all three floors, Simpson's 3rd floor is reserved for quiet study and includes a variety of study spaces for individual study
- Fire alarms are equipped with strobe lights for hearing-impaired patrons.
- In any emergency, DO NOT USE THE ELEVATORS.