Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Researching in class
picture generated using the Historic Tale Construction Kit
In class on February 15th, we'll take some time to find sources and then share with each other what we've found.
Here's what I'd like you all to do with me on the 15th:
- Think of one or two tentative topics that you might do your project on. If you need ideas for topics, read some tertiary sources (overviews).
- Search for primary and secondary sources that relate to your topic. You'll have 10 minutes. You can use Quest or any of the other tools demonstrated in class. If you're not sure which words to put in a search box, read tertiary sources (overviews) and look for relevant words.
- Try different searches, including broader topics and narrower topics.
- During the 10 minutes, please feel free to ask questions in the chat box. I'd love to help you find things!
- After the 10 minutes are up, I will ask for volunteers to share what they found. I will put these sources up on the screen, and then we'll talk about them.