Note - These tripods can be used with the following equipment:
- Digital cameras (available from Simpson Library and the HCC)
- Kodak Zi8 cameras (available from the library)
- GoPros, Vixia camcorders, and Flip video cameras (available from the HCC)
The HCC Information Desk has two tripod kits. Use of the tripods are on a first come/first borrow basis. Current availability information can be found on the UMW Libraries site.
Who May Borrow
Only currently enrolled students and actively employed faculty and staff of the University of Mary Washington may borrow a tripod kit.
Tripod kits may be borrowed for a period of 3 days.
Late fees are $5.00 per day. Charges continue to accrue when the HCC is closed.
What You Borrow
The tripod kit is loaned with:
- GorillaPod Tripod (support page)
- iRig Pre microphone interface (support page)
- Quick release plate
- Smartphone tripod mount holder with felt bag (can only be used with iPhone 4/5/6 (support page)
- XLR cable
You are expected to return the six (6) items identified when you return the tripod kit at the end of your loan period. You will be billed replacement costs for lost or damaged components.
Replacement Costs for Lost or Damaged Tripod Kit
Anyone borrowing a tripod kit is required to sign a form indicating that they "understand that there are certain responsibilities associated with the usage of this equipment and agree to the following terms and conditions":
- borrower understands that all electronic equipment and/or accessories are the property of the University of Mary Washington.
- borrower will return all equipment to the University of Mary Washington in the same condition in which it was provided to me.
- borrower will return all equipment on specified due date/time.
- borrower understands that failure to return equipment will result in an overdue fine.
- borrower is responsible for the replacement cost for equipment that is lost, stolen or damaged. Damages include but are not limited to accidents, neglect, or misuse.