NOTE: This microphone can only be used in conjunction with a reservation of the HCC Vocal Booth in room 116. Reservations for the vocal booth can be made online.
The HCC Information Desk has one Heil microphone. Use of the microphone is on a first come/first borrow basis. Current availability information can be found on the UMW Libraries site.
Who May Borrow
Only currently enrolled students and actively employed faculty and staff of the University of Mary Washington may borrow a microphone.
This microphone may be borrowed for a period of 3 hours.
$1 per hour or any part of an hour. Charges accrue 24 hours a day.
What You Borrow
Microphones are loaned with:
- Pop filter
- Heil case
- Protective foam
You are expected to return the four (4) items identified when you return the microphone at the end of your loan period. You will be billed replacement costs for lost or damaged components.
Replacement Costs for Lost or Damaged Microphone
Anyone borrowing a microphone is required to sign a form indicating that they "understand that there are certain responsibilities associated with the usage of this equipment and agree to the following terms and conditions":
- borrower understands that all electronic equipment and/or accessories are the property of the University of Mary Washington.
- borrower will return all equipment to the University of Mary Washington in the same condition in which it was provided to me.
- borrower will return all equipment on specified due date/time.
- borrower understands that failure to return equipment will result in an overdue fine.
- borrower is responsible for the replacement cost for equipment that is lost, stolen or damaged. Damages include but are not limited to accidents, neglect, or misuse.