The HCC Information Desk has three Tascam DR-40 Audio Recorders . Use of the audio recorders is on a first come/first borrow basis. Current availability information can be found on the UMW Libraries site.
Who May Borrow
Only currently enrolled students and actively employed faculty and staff of the University of Mary Washington may borrow an audio recorder.
Audio recorders may be borrowed for a period of 3 days.
Late fees are $5.00 per day. Charges continue to accrue when the HCC is closed.
What You Borrow
Tascam DR-40 Audio Recorders are loaned with:
- Audio recorder
- USB interface cable
- 2GB memory card
- Carrying case
You are expected to return the four (4) items identified when you return the audio recorder at the end of your loan period. You will be billed replacement costs for lost or damaged components.
Replacement Costs for Lost or Damaged Audio Recorder
Anyone borrowing a Tascam DR-40 Audio Recorder is required to sign a form indicating that they "understand that there are certain responsibilities associated with the usage of this equipment and agree to the following terms and conditions":
- borrower understands that all electronic equipment and/or accessories are the property of the University of Mary Washington.
- borrower will return all equipment to the University of Mary Washington in the same condition in which it was provided to me.
- borrower will return all equipment on specified due date/time.
- borrower understands that failure to return equipment will result in an overdue fine.
- borrower is responsible for the replacement cost for equipment that is lost, stolen or damaged. Damages include but are not limited to accidents, neglect, or misuse.