The HCC Information Desk has two digital cameras. Use of the digital cameras is on a first come/first borrow basis. Current availability information can be found on the UMW Libraries site.
Who May Borrow
Only currently enrolled students and actively employed faculty and staff of the University of Mary Washington may borrow a digital camera
Digital cameras may be borrowed for a period of 3 days.
Late fees are $5.00 per day. Charges continue to accrue when the HCC is closed.
What You Borrow
Digital cameras are loaned with:
- Camera (includes SDHC class 10 memory card which is 32GB)
- Battery charger
- EF75-300mm lens
- EFS 18-75mm lens
- EF 50mm lens
- Three lens caps
- USB interface cable
- Speedlite EXII flash w/ case
- Promaster wired shutter release
- Camera carrying case
- Instruction manual
You are expected to return the twelve (12) items identified when you return the digital camera at the end of your loan period. You will be billed replacement costs for lost or damaged components.
Replacement Costs for Lost or Damaged Digital Camera
Anyone borrowing a Digital camera is required to sign a form indicating that they "understand that there are certain responsibilities associated with the usage of this equipment and agree to the following terms and conditions":
- borrower understands that all electronic equipment and/or accessories are the property of the University of Mary Washington.
- borrower will return all equipment to the University of Mary Washington in the same condition in which it was provided to me.
- borrower will return all equipment on specified due date/time.
- borrower understands that failure to return equipment will result in an overdue fine.
- borrower is responsible for the replacement cost for equipment that is lost, stolen or damaged. Damages include but are not limited to accidents, neglect, or misuse.