The Fredericksburg Campus Library has one Kindle HDX. Use of a Kindle HDX is on a first come/first borrow basis. Library holds are not available for this item.
Who May Borrow
Only currently enrolled students and actively employed faculty and staff of the University of Mary Washington may borrow a Kindle HDX.
The Kindle HDX may be borrowed for a period of 7 days.
What You Borrow
The Kindle HDX is loaned with 1) a USB cable 2) Fintie Folio Case and 3) a carrying case. You are expected to return the three items identified in the previous sentence when you return the Kindle HDX at the end of your loan period. You will be billed replacement costs for lost or damaged components.
Replacement Costs for Lost or Damaged a Kindle HDX
Anyone borrowing a Kindle HDX is required to sign a form indicating that they "understand that there are certain responsibilities associated with the usage of this equipment and agree to the following terms and conditions":
- borrower understands that all electronic equipment and/or accessories are the property of the University of Mary Washington.
- borrower will return all equipment to the University of Mary Washington in the same condition in which it was provided to me.
- borrower will return all equipment on specified due date/time.
- borrower understands that failure to return equipment will result in an overdue fine.
- borrower is responsible for the replacement cost for equipment that is lost, stolen or damaged. Damages include but are not limited to accidents, neglect, or misuse.